Remember to save your work often. Saving frequently lessens the risk of losing the work you have been doing. To save your Photoshop document, do the following:
- 1. Click File > Save As.
- 2. Navigate to the place you would like your document to be saved by using the drop down menu and the navigation window.
- 3. Enter the name of your document in the Save As text field.
- 4. Choose a format to save your project in from the Format drop-down menu.
- 5. Click the Save button in the bottom right corner of the dialogue box.
- 6. Check to make sure that your document is saved in the place you intended.
NOTE: If you save your file as PSD (default Photoshop saving format) your layers will be preserved, but the file size will be large. If you save your file as JPEG (a common image format) your layers will be flattened and become one layer, and the file size will be significantly smaller.